||Royal Road of Love, The
||The Missing Ingredient
||1 Corinthians 13:1-3
Imagine having a simplified cake mix with only one requirement—"Just add water"—only to find that the city turned off your water supply! The simple instructions now become frustrating because you're missing only one ingredient: water. What water is to your recipe, love is to the Christian believer—without it you have only dust and crumbs! In this second message in our series on real love, we discover the preeminence of this ingredient.
Pondering the Principles:
- Speech Without Love (v. 1)
- Sensation Without Love (v. 2)
- Sacrifice Without Love (v. 3)
- Giving My Resources
- Giving My Life
- Have you ever served faithfully as a Christian but felt empty inside? Why the void? Why the frustration? Consider the possibility that the motivation for your service isn’t love and discover what else it could be. Though others may be saved or spiritually profited, Paul insists that without love “it profits me nothing.”
- Name the top three people that have influence your life. Was it their aptitude that influenced you or was it their love?