||Walking With God
||When God Walked with Men
Today I begin a new series about what it means to walk with God. Rather than going through one book of the Bible or a section of chapters we will explore, throughout Scripture, the concept of people who walked with God and what that means to us. We start today at the beginning with the first man and woman - the crown of God's creation. God wanted to walk with them in fellowship, but something disrupted it all and we've had problems ever since!
Questions for Discussion:
- The Setting (Genesis 1:26-27)
- The Serpent (vv. 1-5)
- The Sin (vv. 6-7)
- The Separation (vv. 8-13)
- This section of scripture answers the question, "Why are we here." Answer that question for yourself and examine how well you are fulfilling the purpose for which you were created.
- Think of a recent bout you've had with temptation. How similar or different was it from the very first one in the garden? How attuned are you to the strategies of Satan?
- Has Jesus been knocking on the door of your heart lately only to find you busy or hiding? Think of all the walks you could have had together. Why not start today?