||20/20: Seeing Truth Clearly
||One Plus One Plus One Equals One?
One of the most fundamental yet challenging truths in Scripture is the doctrine of the Trinity. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. Try to explain it and you might lose your mind, but try to explain it away and you might lose your soul. The Bible openly teaches the plurality within the Godhead—three persons who are distinct from one another yet perfectly One in essence. How are we to think about this? And how should it affect us personally?
- The Three Are a Reality (vv. 1-8)
- The Three Share in Divinity (vv. 9, 16)
- The Three Pose a Difficulty (vv. 8, 22)
- The Three Provide Security (vv. 15-18)
- The Three Promote Unity (vv. 16, 26)